James is a musician and teacher from Bristol. He has played guitar and bass guitar in many of the best professional function bands locally and also nationally at hundreds of gigs, festivals and parties. James has also worked at national level festivals and gigs as a stage technician as well as teaching guitar, bass and ukulele lessons for almost ten years. Currently James plays guitar in one of the busiest function/wedding bands in the Southwest, playing over 50 gigs a year.
Additionally, James teaches full-time, in both local schools and private lessons. Private lessons take place at his fully equipped teaching room in Bristol, which is situated above Drumbank Music, just off Gloucester Road, Bristol.
James can deliver…
- Guitar Lessons – Electric guitar and Acoustic guitar lessons.
- Bass Lessons – Slap Bass, fingerstyle bass, playing bass with a pick.
- Ukulele Lessons – Strumming and picking.
Finally, lessons are tailored around the learners interests and aspirations. As a result, students can choose to take music grade exams, or to study around what interests them. All ages and experience levels are welcome, from complete beginners to more experienced musicians looking for a ‘tune-up’.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Open Univerity BSc Degree, with subjects covered including music and music technology.
- ‘Diploma in Popular Music’ – with a distinction in bass guitar skills at Access to Music, Bristol.
- ‘Music Educator’ Diploma from Access to Music, Bristol.
- James has DBS/CRB clearance.
- Professional Musician for over 10 years.
- Professional music Teacher in Bristol area schools for 8 years.
- Private lessons for 10 years.